5 really easy ways to save money
Do you find yourself running low on money before you get paid?
When you’re in the habit of living pay cycle to pay cycle, saving even a little bit of money can seem impossible. But it doesn’t have to be.
Below are five simple things you can do now that will help you save money.
1. Check your utility, telco and insurance contracts
While this can take a bit of time, it pays to periodically check your utility, telco and insurance contracts to see that you’re getting the best deal. If not, change providers.
2. Save money on food and coffee
Plan what you need before going food shopping and stick to your list. Avoid being lured into buying stuff you don’t need. Also consider substituting branded products with own-brand equivalents.
Pack a lunch for work instead of buying lunch and cut down your coffee shop spend by making your own coffee when you have time.
3. Take advantage of free stuff
When it comes to saving money, the best things in life definitely are free.
Instead of buying a book, check if your local library has it, or can order it in. For a day out, look up free events in your area, or take a trip to a park, beach or museum.
4. Pay off your debts
Pay off as much debt as you can and then start saving. Each debt freed up will be a huge leap towards your saving goals.
5. Monitor your spending with Money Simple
Keeping track of your finances is easy with Money Simple’s free portal and app. It enables you to:
– Monitor all your bank and credit accounts in one place.
– Customise your spending breakdown with handy filters.
– Assign transactions as potentially tax deductible to make tax time easier.
Learn more about Money Simple here.